On-site project management / project control for the Deh Cho Bridge project is being led by Associated Engineering. The company has put in place an experienced project team led by Leslie Mihalik, P.Eng. Leslie has more than 20 years experience as a Project Manager.
Dennis Hicks, AScT, and Michael Owen will be the Site Inspectors for the project. Dennis has more than 25 years construction experience, and was recently involved with the Kakisa River Bridge project.
Associated Engineering also has a full time administrative staff assigned to the project to track documentation, scheduling, meeting minutes, and all project related materials.
The Associated Engineering team is responsible for:
- Maintenance of the Project Website. To facilitate effective communication between the project team members, a collaborative project website has been established which will give access to shared documents related to quality, the environment, workplace safety, engineering, and document tracking. In addition, a website for the distribution of public information has also been put in place.
- Coordination of Meetings. To ensure effective communications between parties, Associated will establish a schedule of regular Site Meetings, as well as Quality, Safety, Environmental, and Technical Meetings.
- Quality Assurance. The Contractor has developed a Quality Management Plan for the project which details quality control steps taken and independent quality assurance measures. Associated Engineering will work with Levelton Engineering and others to review and aduit the Contractor’s quality program.
- Construction Inspection. Construction activities will be observed and recorded on a daily basis to ensure that the bridge is being built in accordance with the design, the Bridge Code, and best practices. Stop Work Orders will be issued if it is necessary to do so in the interest of safety or the environment. In addition, Associated Engineering will perform Substantial and Total Performance Inspections.
- Compilation and Issuance of Reports. Daily and Monthly Site Reports will be prepared to provide a record of site conditions, work done, site equipment and personnel, and issues that arise. In addition, a Quality Assurance Management Report will be issued at the end of construction that will summarize all quality control and quality assurance activities undertaken by the Contractor and the Project Controller.
- Liaison with Local Community, Stakeholders, and Regulatory Agencies. To ensure good relationships and to assist in moving the project forward, Associated Engineering’s Project Control team will liaise with the Local Community, Stakeholders, and Regulatory Agencies as necessary.
For more information about Associated Engineering, please click here.