When it comes to monitor computer activities, the concept of HDMI capture is considered prominent. HDMI (High Definition Multimedia Interface) is a compact audio/video interface that transfers uncompressed videos and compressed/uncompressed audios from a HDMI complaint device to a HDMI compatible device such as a digital television, computer monitor, video projector and more. This interface is used to capture the video screenshots and save them as JPEG images. HDMI capturing involves this basic step which is helpful in monitoring activities on a computer complaint with HDMI.
Keelog provides such keylogging devices compatible with DVI, VGA and HDMI computer devices. These devices termed as VideoGhost captures frames of uncompressed videos and save the captured screenshots into JPEG image files. A 2GB internal flash disk is provided with these interfacing devices to store the frames. The HDMI interface of this VideoGhost enables capturing of high definition and crispest images.
Listed are certain key features of this frame capturing HDMI interface:
- Support maximum resolution, full-HD 1080p and WUXGA providing superior, uncompressed image quality.
- There is no external power supply needed for its functioning. It draws the power from the USB port.
- This interface is independent of the operating system running on the device be it Windows, MAC, Linux or Ubuntu.
- No additional software or driver needed. Just plug in and you are all set to enjoy its advantages.
- No configuration process required.
- Built-in JPEG encoder to convert the screenshots of the videos in JPEG image files.
- Built-in 2GB flash memory for captured frame storage.
- Built-in time stamping module for capturing the exact date and time of the screenshots.
- Battery backup and a lifetime guarantee of 7 years.
- Undetectable by security scanners.
- A simple, compact, single cable connector that replaces the maze of cables.
- Integrated remote control.
- Certain useful applications of this Video Ghost are jotted below:
- Monitoring the employees’ computer activities in your office.
- Keeping a tap on the e-mail, WWW and chat usage by children or employees.
- Monitoring intruding and predating activities and on-line hazards.
- Saving snapshots of slideshows, surveillance cameras, movies, etc.
The retrieval of these snapshots is extremely smooth. Just plug in the device and a popup notification will appear at the home screen of your device. Clicking on this popup will open the window containing the captured frames.
The usage of this device on personal basis is legal. That is, if you want to monitor your children’s and family members’ computer activities, this device can be easily used. However, while using in the office to monitor employee productivity, the employees must be informed that their activities are tapped. The use of this device in spying (other than by the licensed agencies) is illegal. Stealing confidential data through this HDMI capture interface is a punishable offence and our company takes no responsibility for the same.
This amazing device is provided by our company Keelog at a valuating price of $139.99 (€102.99). Free shipping is available for the orders placed within the US. For international shipping a nominal cost of $5.49 or €3.99 is appended.